Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing in Midtown Atlanta & Roswell
Suffering from moderate to severe gum disease?
Stop the infection in its tracks with this advanced deep cleaning procedure.
By catching signs of gum disease early on and taking preventive action, our periodontists will help you maintain a clean and healthy mouth for life.
Deep cleaning vs. routine cleaning
Regular brushing, flossing, and routine cleanings are the key to keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
With a deep cleaning, your periodontist will scale and plane your teeth deeper below the gumline to remove bacteria and remove buildup and give pockets the chance to heal and reattach.
Do I need periodontal scaling?
Deep cleaning is necessary when bacteria has become so pervasive that it cannot be removed using at-home and routine dental cleaning procedures.
In fact, performing a routine cleaning when a deep cleaning is necessary is counter-productive and risks disturbing and releasing built-up bacteria into your bloodstream.
We will most likely recommend a periodontal scaling and root planing procedure if you have…
- Extensive plaque and tartar buildup
- 4-5 millimeter pockets of bacteria
- Other signs of gum disease
Additionally, if you have a history of gum disease, a scaling and root planing procedure is often used in place of routine cleanings as a preventive measure.
What to expect from a scaling & root planing procedure
- We’ll use a local anesthetic to numb your gums and ensure your comfort.
- Using high-tech scaling & root planing instruments, we’ll clean the surface and roots of your teeth, removing the plaque and tartar that have collected.
- Patients often experience some soreness or sensitivity around the gums after scaling and root planing. This discomfort usually subsides in about four hours.
- Depending on your needs, we may recommend completing your deep cleaning over the course of two or more visits.
Everyone was nice, professional and able to answer any questions I had. If you want people who are passionate and care about your wellbeing, look no further.
Our team is known for providing amazing service and a modern, comfortable office environment. As periodontists, we offer the best place in Roswell and Midtown Atlanta to get a deep teeth cleaning. Here you can expect:
- Highly trained experts who specialize in periodontal disease
- Explanation of exactly what to expect during your SRP procedure
- Personalized approach and answers to all your questions
- Welcoming and friendly team who will make sure you’re comfortable
Complete your medical history form before your appointment.
Read and sign financial, appointment, and consent forms.