Crown Lengthening & Gingival Contouring in Midtown Atlanta & Roswell
Reshape gum tissue and perfect your smile.
Suffering from an uneven gum line?
A gummy smile may be a genetic result or even caused by taking certain prescription drugs. Receding gums or gums that are too high and make your teeth appear longer are often caused by gum recession or gum disease.
No matter the cause of your uneven gums, we can help.
Dr. Pumphrey and Dr. Richman offer crown lengthening and gingival contouring treatments as a way to help smooth out your gum line, protect your oral health, and give you a more beautiful smile.
Suffering from an uneven gum line? Then you know how it can affect the appearance of your smile. Receding gums or high gums make your teeth look longer than normal, whereas a gummy smile or low gums make your teeth look short.
Prep for a dental crown
Crown lengthening adds more space between the supporting jawbone and a dental crown, which prevents your new crown from damaging gum tissue and bone.
Restoring damaged & decaying teeth
Crown lengthening may be necessary to treat severe tooth decay below your gum line or to fix a tooth that’s fractured and broken off below the gum line.
Protection from gum disease & tooth loss
Uneven gums can make you more susceptible to periodontal disease and tooth loss. Crown lengthening may be recommended as part of your treatment plan for gum disease.
What does gum contouring involve?
Gum contouring and crown lengthening treatments are always personalized to your needs.
• We’ll use a local anesthetic to numb the area. Sedation options are also available.
• Using high-tech lasers and advanced techniques, we’ll reshape the gums at the base of your teeth, exposing or covering your tooth surface.
• In some cases, adjusting the bone level to extend the size of your visible tooth may also be necessary.
• We’ll finish the procedure by cleaning and sterilizing the area.
• Depending on your treatment, you may require a few stitches and an intraoral bandage to prevent infection.
• We’ll provide thorough post-operative instructions. You’ll feel great in no time and have a beautiful, healthy smile to show for it!
Our experience with Dr. Pumphrey and his team was quite an incredible experience. You can tell that everyone on his team worries about all the details. We felt truly cared for and would recommend this practice to anyone.
Ask us about sedation options
Feeling nervous about your crown lengthening treatment? We’re here to help you feel comfortable and manage any anxiety. Our team is highly trained to offer the full spectrum of sedation dentistry services:
- Oral sedatives
- Nitrous oxide
- IV sedation
- General anesthesia
First time here? We can’t wait to provide you with personalized and state-of-the-art care. Combining advanced dental technology with friendly, attentive service, we provide a patient experience unmatched in Midtown Atlanta and Roswell.
• Welcoming office environment and staff with energetic vibes
• One-on-one care and answers to all your questions
• Thorough explanation of exactly what to expect
• Exceptional outcomes, every time
Complete your medical history form before your appointment.
Read and sign financial, appointment, and consent forms.
From start to finish I felt very comfortable with Atlanta Center for Advanced Periodontics, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry. Dr. Pumphrey and his staff were clear, informative and confident in their recommendations for my procedure. I had crown lengthening done and I am so happy with the results! I highly recommend visiting and making a treatment plan with this elite team.