Guided Tissue Regeneration in Midtown Atlanta & Roswell
Repair damage caused by gum disease
Ensure a strong and stable foundation for your smile.
Gum disease is notorious for causing big problems for your dental health. The disease destroys gum tissue and eats away at the bone supporting your teeth. Left untreated, you may experience loose and damaged teeth or a failing implant. You may also lose the tooth completely.
If you’re suffering from gum disease, our periodontists are here to help. We offer Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) to successfully recreate healthy tissue and bone around your teeth and save your smile.
What is Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR)?
Guided Tissue Regeneration is a surgical technique used to repair periodontal defects and ensure a strong and stable foundation for your teeth. The goal of this procedure is to replace or regenerate the bone, periodontal ligament and cementum that was lost due to periodontal disease.
Who needs GTR?
If you’re dealing with periodontitis (a common form of gum disease), our team will evaluate your situation to determine the best course for healing. Some of the reasons we may recommend guided tissue regeneration as part of your treatment plan include:
- Disease has spread deep into your gums and is affecting your jawbone
- You’re at risk of losing a tooth or have already lost one
- You need a dental implant placement
- You have gum disease at the site of a dental implant (peri implantitis)
For those dealing with these symptoms, another possible treatment option may be LANAP. Our team will help you determine what type of treatment is best for your situation.
What to expect from GTR
GTR is a surgical procedure. Our doctors have years of experience and training and use the latest technologies and techniques. They will help you understand exactly what to expect and make sure you’re comfortable throughout the process.
This surgery involves:
- Cleaning out pockets and gaps under your gums to remove all bacterial deposits caused by gum disease.
- Placing a membrane between your soft gum tissue and the defect in your jawbone to allow bone-producing cells to populate and grow.
- Allowing your mouth the space and time it needs for the bone to heal and start regenerating itself.
Our team will provide you with specific at-home care instructions to ensure the treatment is a success. We’ll help you along the way and are always available to answer your questions!
Our experience with Dr. Pumphrey and his team was quite an incredible experience. You can tell that everyone on his team worries about all the details. We felt truly cared for and would recommend this practice to anyone.
We understand that dental procedures like GTR can cause anxiety in patients. We’re here to help ease any fear. Our team is known for providing a start-to-finish experience dedicated to your comfort. At our Roswell and Midtown Atlanta offices, you can expect:
- Friendly team and relaxing environment
- Explanation of exactly what to expect during your GTR procedure
- Personalized approach and answers to all your questions
- Highly trained experts and amazing results
Complete your medical history form before your appointment.
Read and sign financial, appointment, and consent forms.
From start to finish I felt very comfortable with Atlanta Center for Advanced Periodontics, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry. Dr. Pumphrey and his staff were clear, informative and confident in their recommendations for my procedure. I had crown lengthening done and I am so happy with the results! I highly recommend visiting and making a treatment plan with this elite team.